August 25, 2020…COVID and the resulting world chaos of shutdowns and health issues is not what anyone would have ever anticipated. But neither would anyone ever thought it would boost the marine industry!? Boating and boat businesses have seen a substantial increase over the past few months as the unintended benefactor.
After all, if you’re stuck, you may as well get out on the water if you can. The ultimate social distancing pastime!
This pastime seems to have led to a surge in activity in the actual boat business. Boat sales are up, boatyard business is up, and interest in marina development, marina acquisitions, and marina management inquiries has also taken a front seat. As a result, US Marina Group has remained quite busy along with our consulting division Marine Business Advisors
Over the past few months alone, USMG has been involved with quite an assortment of projects. Here’s just a sampling:
- Working in concert with Oasis Marinas on several projects, including a bid to take over the management at the City owned marina in Fernandina Beach, Fla.
- Working with an investment group on a very exciting to-be-built marina complex in Stuart
- Working with the Town of Palm Beach on their business model for the reconstruction of the docks to serve 84 megayachts
- Working with groups in the Caribbean on marina and boatyard projects in Nevis, St. Kitts, and Antigua.
- An in-depth analysis of a marina portfolio for a large investment group considering a potential acquisition
- Plus, an added assortment of inquiries to assist in either advisory or marina management projects ranging from Florida to Armenia!
It’s been a busy time indeed, but the best is yet to come!